Thursday, June 23, 2011

June 23, 2011 : 200년 6월 23일

I have decided to show a few pictures of where we actually are for some of you that I know are following and are interested in the place.  The kids still have their story below.

 This is heading to their Grandpa's little field/garden at the base of the mountain behind Grandpa's house (the family's ancestral home).


Here is a slightly more picturesque view.  You may note that lots of other people have garden plots here as well.

This is Grandpa's garden.  I love the cup on the fence post and the squash growing up the trellis instead of across the ground--Grandpa makes the most of space!  There are also tomatoes, perilla leaves, cucumbers, and other things growing here.

My favorite!  겟닢!

AJ loves this little bridge that crosses into the garden.  It's like magic for him.

This is the nearly dried stream bed across from the field.  Believe it or not, my husband used to swim here as a child.  There was even a good deal more the first time I came here nearly twelve years ago.  Now there are only puddles.

And you can see the boys' favorite activity here!

The Toys: 장난감

Mother's note: Grandpas must read little boys' minds because BJ had no sooner asked me, "Mommy, when is Grandpa going to get us a toy?" (He had promised this to them before we came), when Grandpa walked in from the yard and asked, "Are you ready to go buy a toy?"  Below are two of their favorites.

AJ: That's Ninjago! Blackago! And it goes, "Ting! Ting! Ting!"
범찬: 닌자고 입니다!  팅팅팅 소리 한다!
BJ: It's awesome because it's a toy.
진희: 아싸! 장난감 입니다!



AJ: It's good and I love it!
범찬: 재미있다! 진짜 좋아해요!

(Mother's note:  This is how well my boys know each other.  They were playing, and I heard BJ say, "Wait! That didn't count!" AJ responded without any guile whatsoever, "Yeah, I know.  You didn't win.")

1 comment:

Grandma Basel said...

These are great, thank you. Grandma Basel